Sunday, May 22, 2011

Steampunk Challenge for 2011


Guess what?!?



+




I added another challenge. This is the Steampunk Challenge hosted from booksoulmates and it is to read 10 Steampunk books for 2011. I know that I have a lot of books to catch up on, however this summer will be chock-filled with reading, I promise. I pretty new to the blogosphere and I feel that I have been slacking due to my hectic schedule. Sorry, I'm rambling (what else is new?) Anyways, it's never to late to read, and my goal this year was to read 100 books. Steampunk has been very popular as a genre, and I have been seeing more and more releases of Steampunk, plus more coming out in Fall 2011. I like how it's a branch of both paranormal, historical, and sci-fi giving me more entertainment pleasure, and if you haven't read any Steampunk novels go ahead and try it! 

While Steampunk is relatively been coming out into the YA hemisphere, I know many people will have trouble finding some good Steampunk books. There are some goodreads lists which compiled some of the books I am willing to try in the Steampunk genre. 

Lists (click to go):

Here's the list of 10 books I want to read for Steampunk 2011:
1. Soulless by Gail Carriger (Parasol Proctorate #1)
2. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher (Incarceron #1)
3. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld (Leviathan #1)
4. Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld (Leviathan #2)
5. Boneshaker by Cherie Priest (The Clockwork Century #1)
6. Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances (Anthology)
7. Perdido Street Station by Trisha Telep
8. The Time Machine by H.G Wells
9. The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma
10. Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare

I'll probably read The Time Machine and The Map of Time first, because I recieved both as a promotion for Felix J. Palma's The Map of Time coming out on June 28th. 

So, look out for that quite soon. 

There you have 3 lists containing some of the best works for the YA Steampunk genre and the books I will be reading through the rest of the year. There is a ton on there and I can't wait to read my ten books or more when I get the chance! ;D

Plus, how cool are Steampunk goggles?!? 

Ahhhhhhh awesomeness!

UPDATE: My Bookish Ways recently did a post of the top 5 reasons to read Steampunk books. To read more about Steampunk and what it entirely is (and for why I'm doing the challenge mainly) go read her post and all credits go to My Bookish Ways again!
Linky-link: http://www.mybookishways.com/2011/05/mft-guest-post-5-reasons-to-read.html





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the list links! I haven't read a lot of Steampunk books, but I'd like too!

    ReplyDelete